Prevention of Substance Abuse for Youth
The Courage to Speak® Foundation is a 501(c)(3) providing prevention of substance abuse for youth, and its mission is dedicated to ” Saving lives by educating and empowering youth to be drug free and encouraging parents to talk to their children about the danger of drugs.”
Ginger Katz shows their prevention of substance abuse adult program.
Our nonprofit organization provides a home, school and community approach to prevention of substance abuse through presentations, community forums and evidenced based school curriculum and parenting programs. The Foundation delivers social-emotional skill building programs to increase youth’s ability to live healthy lives and empowers parents with skills to communicate effectively with their children about the dangers of drugs. The Courage to Speak® Drug Prevention Programs were evaluated by Yale University School of Medicine and were found to produce significant positive changes in communication and behavior among students and parents.
If you’d like help or more information regarding prevention of substance abuse, book a presentation, inquire about our substance abuse curriculum, don’t hesitate to contact CEO and Founder, Ginger Katz.
Ask and share your questions, comments and stories with Ginger. Ginger wants to hear what you have to say. If you have a story or a question about drug abuse or addiction, you are free to submit it to “Ask Ginger”.
- Do you have questions about marijuana, tobacco, alcohol, inhalants, illegal use of prescription drugs and cough medicine, heroin, cocaine, meth and any other drug?
- Would you like to book a presentation?
- Do you have any questions regarding our substance abuse curriculum programs for elementary, middle and high school students?
- Do you have a question about our parenting program, Courage to Speak- Courageous Parenting 101®?
- Are you a professional in the field of drug prevention or treatment and would like more information about training to facilitate our programs?
- Do you want to share your feelings about the website?
- Share your questions and comments about the drug prevention book, Sunny’s Story, written by Ginger Katz.
- Is someone close to you misusing drugs?
- Would you like to become a sponsor of our Foundation and be featured on our materials for prevention of substance abuse?
- Would you like to be put on the mailing list for our newsletter?
- Do you have a story to tell?
- Or any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Ginger Katz along with her husband Larry presents to children, parents, educators, clergy, professionals and others at many forums including state and national conferences about the prevention of substance abuse. With a team of experts the organization developed substance abuse curriculum evaluated and recommended by Yale School of Medicine.
Many facilitators and teachers across the country implement the Courage to Speak Foundation student substance abuse curriculum in elementary, middle and high schools as well as a multi-session program for parents called Courage to Speak – Courageous Parenting 101® which give parent tools to keep their children safe with the prevention of substance abuse.
Courage to Speak prevention of substance abuse programs for grades 4-12 are available nationwide. View our substance abuse curriculum.