Courage to Speak
COURAGEOUS PARENTING 101®
“Parenting Through the Opioid Crisis and Beyond”™
A Workshop for Parents, Professionals, and Teachers
Covering Topics Such As:
- Understanding Signs of Drug Use
- Effective Communication Strategies with Youth on Drugs
- Prevention and Intervention Strategies for Teachers
- Teaching Youth Drug Refusal Skills
- Helping Youth Cope Effectively with Stress and Emotions
- Marijuana’s influence on Opioid Abuse and much more
Workshop presented by Christopher Dutton, LCSW, Clinical Director of Community and School Services Bridge Family Center.
Chris has extensive experience in school, residential, and outpatient clinical environments. He developed a passion for working with children early in his career. As Director of the Hartford County 4-H Camp and a paraprofessional offering behavioral and educational support, he gained the capacity to effectively interact with children and the strong desire to continue engaging with this population. Prior to joining the Bridge, he directed a 28-bed psychiatric residential treatment facility.
Chris earned a Master of Social Work in Administration Degree from the University of Connecticut and a Bachelor of Arts in English Degree from Eastern Connecticut State University.
This workshop is open to the public.
This event will be in English and In-person.